Friday, May 9, 2014

About the Blue Devils

In March 2014, Duke ran into a milling machine.
Also,well-before the college basketball playoffs, I had the concept that Syracuse would not do well, and might not make it into the "elite eight." My reasoning was that they were too predictable in their style of play.

My friend is very interested in golf and college basketball. I told him that I was going to pick the two best college teams, and each team would be coached by an Italian. To which he replied, "Jesus Christ - they're all Italian!"

Two individuals (acquaintances) were talking about the value of college and the value of sport scholarships to the college. The one said, "I really like L.S.U." To which the other one laughed - "The only people who go to L.S.U. are whores and football players." To which the reply was, "you couldn't know this, but, my wife went to L.S.U." The one who made the chuckle, dipped his head, a then with a grin, and looking his acquaintance in the eye and with affection, pulled out - "What position did she play!?"  

Do you sometimes hear a tune or a song and the music keeps playing over and over again, in you mind? That is the way it is with the "L.S.U." joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment