Monday, June 30, 2014

Grandview Cemetery - Anacortes

I was in Grandview Cemetery- When I bumped into the ground's keeper. He told me of observing a perched Sharpie over there, and on another day a Sharpie was perched over there. I was surprised that he used the term Sharpie and not Sharp-shinned hawk or a possible Sharp-shinned hawk. The  the word I dropped on him was goshawks; stating that Northern goshawks are in the area, and he seemed excited to hear of it. Then I clarified the situation by stating: You will probably not observe one perched, but will observe them soaring at about 150-200 feet elevation, and sometimes ripping through the sky, and I have known of this condition for 15 years. These are not Cooper's hawks, as Cooper's do not have an affinity for the sky. The man did seem to favor my comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment